Research and Development | Programme Design, Delivery and Delivery Management
LIMF Academy is an initiative aimed at improving the skill-set and career opportunities of emerging music creators based in Merseyside. Aimed at music creators between the ages of 16-25 from across Merseyside, the LIMF Academy gives exclusive access to activities, networks and insider know-how from the music industry.
For those selected for the 12 month Academy programme they are given:
- Performance opportunities at Liverpool International Music Festival and other regular showcases
- Monthly masterclass and skill sessions with industry leaders on topics such as marketing, promotion, performance, distribution, media training, funding opportunities, resilience training and much more
- Free Rehearsal Time
- Paid Membership to the Musician’s Union and PRS For Music
- Free global distribution for their music via Ditto Music
- 12 months of intensive mentoring by an industry professional
- 12 months of coaching by a professional life and performance coach
- Showcase opportunities to key press and industry in both Liverpool and London plus much more
- Networking opportunities with key industry insiders
- Mentoring, Advice and Signposting
- Mental Well-being support and courses
- Bursaries to help with their careers (between £750-£2,500)
- Creation of professional press assets – photographs, biogs and EPKs
- Access to LIMF Academy partners
- Music making and collaborative opportunities
- Marketing support
For those not on the programme, the Academy puts on a number of key events – including showcases, networking events and information sharing seminars/conferences.
Yaw conceptualised the LIMF Academy in 2013 and has been designing, booking for, developing and facilitating the award winning programme since then. Some of the key wins achieved in this role include helping secure recording deals and management deals for artists through the LIMF Academy, securing consistent funding for LIMF Academy from the likes of PRS Foundation and Youth Music and partnerships with key national talent development organisations and national music institutions including BBC Music Introducing, BBC Radio 1Xtra, PRS Foundation, PRS For Music, UK Music, Musician’s Union and Help Musician’s UK. Beyond that, Yaw has created a new model for talent development in the region; one that is transformative for participants and continues to inspire other organisations and initiative across the UK and beyond.